To be true to our mission we ask that:
- Writer is of Indonesian heritage.
- Material has relevance to Indonesia.
We do not accept:
- Simultaneous submissions.
- Unsolicited manuscripts.
To start, send us a query letter including:
- A brief synopsis of the plot.
- History of previous publications of the work.
- A paragraph about you and your history as a writer.
The initial query letter should be no more than two pages. Please attach as a Word document, 12 point Times New Roman, double-spaced with one-inch margin.
DO NOT send the full manuscript unless requested.
Writer’s Guidelines for manuscript submission:
Allow at least eight weeks for response time.
- Manuscript has to be written in proper Indonesian, and preferably already published by a reputable Indonesian publisher.
- Dalang Publishing must be given world rights for English translation. When requested, please attach manuscript as a Word document in the following format:
12 point Times New Roman, double-spaced with one-inch margins. In header write title, author’s name, and original publisher’s name. Paginate in footer.
- Submissions not adhering to prescribed format will be deleted unread.